How it works

1) Register: It only takes 2 minutes. Click the link to the left to get started.

2) Sign Agreements: Our customer service representatives will guide you through the invoice assignment process.

3) Receive 100% Payment: Once the assignment is acknowledged by the State, The Vendor Assistance Program (VAP) will advance 90% of your invoice value in less than 10 days. VAP will pay the remaining 10% when the State pays the invoice and the Prompt Payment Penalty.

Please see below some highlights of the State's Vendor Payment Program Terms
(A full version can be found here )

Illinois Vendor Payment Program:

The State of Illinois has worked diligently to design a new program to address its backlog of unpaid bills. The Vendor Payment Program enables Qualified Purchasers to buy a vendor's receivable with the State for 100% of the amount of the invoice. Within 10 days of assigning the receivable to a Qualified Purchaser, the vendor will receive a 90% advance payment from the Qualified Purchaser. The remaining 10% is paid to the vendor when the State pays the Qualified Purchaser in full for the receivable, including the Prompt Payment Penalty.

Qualified Purchaser Status:

VAP is currently the only Qualified Purchaser of Accounts Receivable held by vendors of the State of Illinois as outlined in the State’s Vendor Payment Program. This means that vendors can fully assign their invoices from the State to VAP, enabling VAP to pay 100% and offer the best financing terms on the market.

Vendor Eligibility:

VAP encourages all organizations that provide goods or services to the State of Illinois to register on our website; however, vendors must qualify under the State's Vendor Payment Program to be eligible for 100% payment. If you do not meet the eligibility guidelines, VAP's seasoned customer service team will work with you, the State, and your bank to find a timely and fair solution.

You may qualify to participate in the Vendor Payment Program if the following conditions are true:

- You are owed an Account Receivable by the State that has been outstanding for 90 days or more.

- Your receivable is eligible to accrue Prompt Payment Penalty under the State of Illinois' Prompt Payment Act.

- Your receivable is NOT for payments under the Medical Assistance Program (including Medicaid).

- Your receivable is free of any liens or encumbrances.

Vendor Payment:

VAP purchases vendors' eligible receivables for 100% of the invoice value. Within 10 days of assigning the receivable to VAP, the vendor will receive a 90% advance payment from VAP. The remaining 10% is paid to the vendor in two disbursements:

  1. When the State pays VAP in full for the receivable, VAP will immediately pay the vendor an amount equal to 10% of the full invoice value minus any Prompt Payment Penalty due on the invoice.

  2. When the State pays VAP the Prompt Payment Penalty due on the original invoice, VAP will immediately pass that payment to the vendor.